Chia is one of the best foods on the planet! This seed is rich in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals like potassium, calcium and magnesium. It also provides complete plant protein and omega 3 and 6. Another characteristic of chia is that it is extremely hydrating, being able to, when mixed with a liquid, absorb about 10 times its weight in water. When we hydrate this seed, it forms a gel that cleans our digestive system and prevents the absorption of undesirable foods by our body, becoming an ally in weight control.
This recipe is the result of this hydration power, forming a delicious pudding that is also very satisfying and helps reduce cravings. This pudding works very well for breakfast, dessert or even as a snack when we really need smoothing sweet in the late afternoon. Here is the recipe, hope you love it as much as I do.
- 250ml almond milk (or other nut milk of your choice)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp natural sweetener (coconut nectar, honey, maple syrup or any other)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla powder
- Add all the ingredients in a jar and stir very well with the help of a spoon. Close the jar and shake it very well.
- Leave it in the fridge overnight or at least for a few hours
- Before you eat it, mix well until its creamy and with a uniform and creamy consistency
- Serve with your favorite toppings! I love adding berries, cinnamon, cacao nibs or coconut chips. Be creative and enjoy!
Top tip: You can make this recipe in bigger quantities over the weekend so you can have a delicious snack ready to enjoy in your fridge!